Submit a Story Guidelines
3 Ways to Submit Your Story
Types of Submissions
- Obituary—In most cases, the information is provided by the mortuary. You can notify them you wish the information be sent to us. In addition, We accept photos, but because of space consideration, can not promise their publication.
- Meeting Announcement—Submit facts of the event: date, time, place, cost (if applicable).
- Story Idea: Briefly outline the facts of the story, why it has local interest, if it lends itself to photographs, etc. Include your name and phone number.
- Articles for Publication—Identify the headline and writer. Limit of 300-400 words. Include a phone number.
- Letters to the Editor—typed or emailed. Signed by the writer and include a street (no numbers) and location: ie. Mike Donothing, Hemlock Dr. Contents can be edited for length and tenor. Decision to publish remains with the publishers.
- Calendar of Events (PVC only) — Name of Event, date, time and location
The Wildwood Independent and Penn Valley Courier are privately owned, independent publications mailed twice-monthly to all members of Lake Wildwood Association members and residents; and once each month to residents of Penn Valley and Rough & Ready. Opinions expressed in Letters to the Editor and by columnists are those of the writer and are not necessarily shared by the publishers. Articles submitted for publication must be typed. All news, advertising type and photographs are copyrighted by MLD Ventures, LLC, publishers of both papers.